Sunday 7 October 2012

MINECRAFT? DAYZ? HALO 4?

Oh my gosh. When will the awesome non-stop spree of games end????

If anyone reads this blog, and if for some reason you perhaps play video games, and on the off-chance that you are a hardcore gamer... DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND CHECK THOSE GAMES OUT. ^

Minecraft. What can I say. It owns. It also likes having you watch your life waste away. But all in good fun.

Dayz. The mod for Arma 2. Buggy, glitchy, and filled with hackers. But it rules. And I can't wait for the actual game to be released.

Halo 4. If you haven't heard of this game, I assume you have been stranded on an island for the last ten years or so. Or perhaps got trapped in a cave. Either way, this game has aliens, guns, aliens, AND WAIT! More guns...

Woah.

Massive unload-age.

Had to share that with someone...

(ARE YOU EVEN THERE?)

Well anyway, back to real life; I have seriously been considering to start my own YouTube channel.

Done right, and you can make some moola. Done wrong... You get trolled?

See the logic?

But its more than that. It actually looks fun!

I am thinking video game tutorials. Maybe some reviews. Hell, I might even do book reviews.

But if that happens, it would only happen next year. Way too busy this year. Studying. Writing (I don't appreciate the dis-believing looks!!!!). Trying to make dough.

ENOUGH OF THIS MINDLESS BLATHER!

CHAPTER FOUR!!!!!!!!


Chapter Four: Good Feeling...

 

Shade and I sat hunched over, quietly observing the “soldiers” marching through the streets. We were on top of what seemed to be a pharmacy. Or what it used to be. Half of it was a pile of rubble, but most of the roof was intact, and that was where we were hiding.

“They split up into groups of four and then they all go off in different directions.” Shade muttered in my direction.

I looked carefully at these “soldiers”. Every day I woke up, my mind seemed to have cleared a bit more. Although I still see flames everywhere in its landscape, I am remembering more and more. And from what I remember, this isn’t how my country’s “soldiers” looked like.

“Look at their faces. See how scared they are? And what kind of new armour are they wearing?” I whispered.

Shade examined them and nodded. “Something isn’t right.”

They were carrying out some sort of drill, repeatedly marching up and down the street. Every now and then, a soldier that seemed to be in charge shouted a command. The group would turn and follow the order.

“Main base?” I questioned.

Shade shook his head. “There aren’t enough soldiers. The day straight after this began, I saw tens of ships flying in. This looks to be an outpost. What they are guarding or looking for... Well I can’t think of anything.”

I nodded. It made sense. What could they guard? The dead?

“What about their armour?” I asked quietly.

Shade shrugged. “I have never seen anything like it. It seems to be made out of multiple protective fibres weaved together. Probably Kevlar. But that would take millions to produce.”

Kevlar. Another name I couldn’t place. But I was getting used to that feeling by now.

A weird question found its way out of my mouth.

“Would it guard them from fire?”

Shade looked at me funnily. In his expression was alarm and... horror?

And that was when it happened again. The second time and certainly not the last time I will hear that sound. The scream of intense agony and rage.

The soldiers turned to its source, stopping their march, and immediately raised their weapons in unison.  A series of loud bangs resounded through the streets, punctuated by even more screams of whatever made that sound. I huddled in fear and held my hands around my head, wishing whatever it was, that it would just die.

And then, once again, I saw... it.

With great swipes, I barrelled into the soldiers, throwing them high in the air with its long, pointed hands.  But that wasn’t its most disturbing part. Like the others I had seen that ni... that one time, its face was... well, melted.

And somehow, it was still screaming its fury.

“The fu...” Shade whispered, his mouth open and his eyes wide.

The screaming was going louder, its vibrations rattling me down to the core. I started shaking, the flames growing bigger and more violent in my mind. Its beauty and danger drew me in, the sparks glowing brightly. My sight grew dim once more, and as I...

I snapped out of it as Shade shook me. In his eyes I saw fear, brightly shining out in comparison to his pale skin. I saw something else in his eyes too, but I just couldn’t place a finger on it...

We both turned back to the soldiers as the screaming slowly died down. With a final burst of their weapons, they came out from their hiding spots. They approached the things body, sprawled among dozens of other bodies.

Everyone froze, as first one cry but then many screamed out their fury from both near and far.

There were more.

And there were many.

Shade and I made eye contact and slowly backed away from the roof’s edge. The last we saw of the soldiers as we ran away, was their weapons raised as they once again fell back into formation and marched into all directions.

Out of breath, Shade turned to me. “You’ve seen those things before?”

I swallowed hard, and picked up the pace. “Yes. The ni... That night this all started.”

“When hell became very real...” Shade whispered to himself.

In the distance there was another scream, and almost immediately a reply of loud bangs.

No words were exchanged.

We just ran faster and faster, as if the hounds of hell were upon us.

And no, it was not a good feeling...

HUH?! HUH! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED????

Well I hope you are.

I am starting to like this story.

I promised myself that if I reached Chapter 40, I would start considering turning it into a publishable story.

But more on that next time...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this story is getting more exciting with every chapter! Although I didn't really understand what was happening in this chapter but I guess this is because of my not-that-good english... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This chapter was slightly confusing, but I still enjoyed it. Really good!

    I like the kind of beast thing that seems to keep possessing Ignis. Kind of thing.

    Didn't know this song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're going to start a YouTube channel, do the game reviews, but you might want to consider doing a let's play of it, then doing a review

    Da mystery in dis story is killing me

    ReplyDelete